VideoEq is an innovative external video color processor that allows you to easily calibrate a video display’s gamma, white balance and color gamut for up to four different source and viewing conditions to give you screening room color fidelity at an affordable price.
Getting color correction right is a challenging balance between electronics, color science, and the calibration interface. Most manufacturers get the electronics right, a few manufacturers get the color science right, but almost none get the calibration interface right. This means that even if you install video displays and projectors that are engineered correctly and are technically capable of delivering accurate color, the available controls make the task of precise color calibration all but impossible.
VideoEq adds all these missing controls to your video path and enables you to calibrate your display precisely towards any standard – just the way the movie director intended the movie to be viewed.
VideoEq Mx builds on top of the familiar VideoEq PRO line adding enhanced processing accuracy and fine tuning capabilities. VideoEq Mx has preset settings for four different scenarios and further adds six (6) completely customizable profiles for calibration in any environment or for any time of day. The selection of any of these ten profiles can be automated using the control IR interface or the USB interface.
VideoEq Mx is very easy to setup. You will connect the input and the output HDMI/DVI cables, the power supply (included) and you are ready to go. For further control, USB port is included that is used for firmware upgrades as well as calibration software from X-Vue, LLC (see the download page) as well as 3rd party industry standard software such as Calman(tm) 4/5 from Spectracal Inc. With a 3rd party software VideoEq Mx can be used for smooth fully automated calibration flow.
- Powerful enhanced industry proven CMS multi-axis color control
- Comprehensive adjustments for up to four sources and conditions
- 4 integrated presets for off-the-shelf-use
- Complete 12-bit fully linear CMS processing
- 1024 point RGB gamma/grayscale correction
- Simple to use digital video in, digital video out
- Universal remote control with supplied Pronto codes
- Easy USB calibration interface for various calibration software
- Six programmable 1024 point luminance and RGB correction tables
- Six full controllable CMS tables
- Four preset tables for off-the-shelf use for typical viewing conditions.
- IR remote connection for control and automation
- USB interface for easy, reliable setup
- Simple HDMI / DVI-In to HDMI / DVI -Out configuration
- Simple push-button control for manual operation
- Industry proven color lookup table technology
- Proprietary multi-axis linear Color Management System
- HDMI 1.4a digital video support with pixel clocks up to 225 MHz
- Video resolutions from 480i to 1080p60, US / EURO modes
- Supports all 3D modes and 3D calibration flow
- PC resolutions up to 1920×1200@60Hz
- RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4 and YCbCr 4:2:2 supported
- Powerful GUI based control for calibration
- Width 4.25″
- Height 1.125″
- Depth 3.375″
- Power: 5V / 1A
- Control: USB / IR
The VideoEq Control Panel application is used to interface with the VideoEq Mx. The control panel gives a complete control over all of the advanced color processing available with the VideoEq Mx in a simple to use, visual application. Features:
- Visual calibration of the Lookup Table and CMS Table
- Test Pattern control using the VideoEq (coming soon)
- Virtually unlimited control points to easily isolate greyscale trouble points
- Video Output panel shows input and output video formats, including color space and encryption status
- Supports several LUT file formats including
- Autodesk .3dl
- TrueLight .cub
- Adobe PhotoShop .acv (curves) .cha (channel mixer)
- VideoEq (.veq) formats.
- Tabular data display for absolute accuracy in creating calibration tables.
- Multiple point selection for quickly making large scale adjustments
- Black Point / White Point forced clipping – no need to mess around with interpolation points, simply set the clipping and forget it.
- CMS adjustments in HSB space or RGB space – use the system you are most comfortable with.
- Built-in help system.
X-Vue VideoEq Control Panel
V1.0 : December 30 2013
Download DRIVER here
Download VideoEq Mx IR Pronto Codes here.
Download VideoEq Control Panel Overview here
Download a VideoEq Technical Overview here.
- 1 x VideoEQ Mx Video Calibration Unit
- US power supply, 5VDC 1A
- Free download and use of the calibration software VeqLutBuilder
Availability: In Stock – ships the next business day $499 USD Continental US shipping included
Return policy: Returns accepted within 7-days of receipt if the product is undamaged.